Sunday, 5 February 2012

Your my money now!

One way or another I'm gonna find ya
I'm gonna getcha getcha getcha getcha
One way or another I'm gonna win ya
I'm gonna getcha getcha getcha getcha. Blondie. 1979.
I am as I have been many times in my sleep before, at Becontree underground station which is on the District line and runs into central London.
I am going to work and go into a small room that has a hatch where you can buy a ticket but it is boarded up with ply wood. I have my bicycle with me and a lock that has a small teddy bear attached.
I spend an age attempting to find something to lock my bike too before finally settling on fixing it to a table just beneath the hatch. On the table I notice piles of twenty pound notes, a quick visual scout of the empty room and I decide that the cash now belongs to me. As I start scooping it up a woman enters the room saying that she has lost £20. I tell her that is a shame and hastily make my way to the platform.
It is at this point that the sudden realisation hits me that I have no idea what I do for a job.
I next find myself reverse parking a small van outside my father in laws house. I unfortunately slightly touch a neighbours car and get out to check there is no damage, to my horror the neighbours car is badly dented and they come out to complain. I retreat into the house hoping they will go away.
Next I see Emily from work, that's my real work as I don't know what job I have in my dreams. Emily is walking down the street towards my in laws house and asks me if she can stay the night. I awake the following morning and as I exit my room I see Emily coming out of the spare room closely followed by a really fat lad who winks knowingly at me.
I look at Emily who looks embarrassed and awkward. I don't know the fat lad, and judging by the look on Emily's face, I'm guessing she wished she didn't either.
09 10